Are your CE courses accepted for ARRT® certification and renewal?
All of our courses have been approved by ASRT or CAMRT, and are therefore accepted for ARRT® certification and renewal.
How many CE credits does a radiologic technologist need in order to meet ARRT® and state requirements?
- Each radiologic technologist must earn 24 category “A” CE credits every two years (biennium). Your biennium is assigned by the ARRT®, and is linked to your birth month and the year you become registered. You must submit your 24 CE credits within the three months prior to your birth month. For example: If you were born in July, you must submit your credits every two years between April-June to be within your submission window.
For more information please refer to the CE requirements for ARRT® certification and renewal. Read More
- Limited radiographer's license or certification is issued through your individual state regulatory agency. Refer to your state's requirement for additional information. Read More
- Sonographers holding certification or registration in ARRT® Sonography are required to complete a minimum of 16 sonography-specific CE credits as part of the required 24 CE biennial credits. Those with R.R.A.® certification must complete 50 A+ CE credits within a biennium. Refer to the ARRT® continuing education requirements for more information. Read More
- The FDA MQSA requires radiologic technologist who perform mammographies to have completed a minimum of 15 continuing education units in mammography during the 36-month period that precedes the MQSA annual facilities inspection. At least 6 of the continuing education units required must be related to each mammography modality used by the technologist.
What happens if I miss the submission of my CE deadline?
If you miss your submission window, the ARRT® organization will put you on CE probation. You will have to pay an additional fee and submit your CE for approval within 180 days.
Can I take the same CE course more than once?
During the same CE cycle, the ARRT® organization will not accept credits for repeated courses. However, the ARRT® organization will allow you to retake the same course in your next cycle and submit a new certificate that reflects the correct biennium period. To help you check your purchased courses, we advise you to login to your Medical Professionals account and visit the "Purchase History" page.
Do I have to choose courses specific to my current specialty or scope of work?
- The ARRT® organization recommends radiologic technologists choose courses within their current area of practice, but this is not mandatory. Those holding certification or registration in sonography by the ARRT® are required to complete a minimum of 16 sonography-specific CE credits as part of the required 24 CE biennial credits. Those with R.R.A.® certification must complete 50 A+ CE credits within a biennium. Refer to the CE requirements for ARRT® certification and renewal for more information. Read More
- The FDA MQSA requires radiologic technologist who perform mammographies to have completed a minimum of 15 continuing education units in mammography during the 36-months period that precedes the MQSA annual facilities inspection. At least 6 of the continuing education units required must be related to each mammography modality used by the technologist.
What is Structured Education? And how many credits do I need?
- Structured Education is a vital component of ARRT® certification and registration using the postprimary pathway. Its purpose is to help you master the discipline-specific knowledge you'll need to obtain your ARRT® credential. When pursuing an ARRT® credential using the postprimary pathway, you must complete 16 hours of ARRT® Structured Education that reflect the Examination Content Specifications for the discipline you're pursuing, and include at least one credit from each of the document's major content categories.
- You'll need to complete your ARRT® Structured Education requirements within the 24 months prior to submitting your postprimary application. After you finish each activity, you'll log in to your ARRT® account and use the postprimary tool to document your Structured Education. You can also use your ARRT® Structured Education activities to help fulfill your CE requirements.
- For more information, please visit the ARRT® website. https://www.arrt.org/
What are Continuing Qualification Requirements (CQR)? How many credits do I need? And where can I get them?
- Continuing Qualifications Requirements (CQR) is a process implemented by the ARRT® organization to help you assess and improve your knowledge and refresh your understanding of areas in which you might not currently practice.
- You'll complete CQR once every 10 years for each ARRT® credential you've earned since 2011. If you're a Registered Radiologist Assistant, you'll fulfill CQR for that discipline, too, regardless of when you earned your credential. The ARRT® organization will notify you when your compliance window opens, and then you'll have three years to finish the process. At that point, you'll work through CQR in three easy steps.
- Professional Profile: You'll identify the types of procedures you perform and how often you perform them. You'll then see how your experience compares to that of others in your discipline.
- Structured Self-Assessment: The Structured Self-Assessment (SSA) will simply help you identify any gaps in knowledge related to your credentials. You'll have options for taking your SSA at a Pearson VUE professional center or online at home with a remote proctor monitoring you through a webcam.
- Prescribed CE: If your SSA reveals any areas for learning opportunities the ARRT® organization will prescribe specific Continuing Education activities for you to complete. In most cases, those prescribed CE activities will also count towards your biennium CE requirements.
- For more information please visit the ARRT® website. https://www.arrt.org/
- Please note that all our accredited courses may be used to fulfill your Continuing Qualifications Requirements (CQR).
What is the difference between Category A and A+ CE credits?
Category A+ credits are required only for Registered Radiology Assistants (R.R.A.® certified and registered). If you are a radiologic technologist, you can take either Category A+ CE credits or Category A CE credits.
What Digital Radiography course topics are accepted by California?
Digital Radiography courses include Computed Radiography and Digital Radiography topics. Please note that Computed Tomography (CT) and fluoroscopy courses can also be used to fulfill the Digital Radiography requirements.
Can Limited RTs use your courses?
Yes. Our credits are accepted for ARRT® certification and renewal, so they are acceptable for Limited RT's.
I'm a Registered Radiologist Assistant (R.R.A.® certified and registered). Can I purchase Medical Professionals' Category A credit courses to earn CE credits?
Yes. Because all of our courses are ASRT- or CAMRT-approved for Category A credits, those with R.R.A.® certification and registration can earn credits with Medical Professionals' courses.
How do I get my CE accreditation and course acceptance?
- Our CE e-learning courses are approved by the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT) or by the American Society of Radiologic Technologists (ASRT) and guaranteed to be accepted by:
- The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists® (ARRT®) organization.
- The Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB®).
- The following states within USA for all licensed radiologic technologists: Florida, Texas, California, Massachusetts, New Mexico, Kentucky, and Oregon.
- The Canadian territories for all licensed radiologic technologists.
- All of our MRI CE e-learning courses are accepted by the American Registry of Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologists (ARMRIT®).
- *It is the responsibility of each imaging professional to ensure that CE course topics satisfy any specific requirements that may exist for the individual state(s) in which they practice.
How many attempts do I have to pass the post-test and receive my CE certificate?
As per the accreditation rules, you are entitled to 3 attempts to pass the post-test for each CE course. The passing score is 75%. But we are confident that you will pass it the first time! Our post-tests are well-constructed and directly related to the content with the intent of ensuring an effective learning journey. It is a useful and common practice to write down your answers on the side as you go through the first attempt which will help you know which questions you answered correctly and which ones you missed. This is good learning practice to help you better acquire the course content and to facilitate your second attempt in case you need it.
What if I don't pass the post-test?
We’ve got you covered. We will give you complimentary access to another accredited course of your choice from our wide inventory of multimodality courses. This condition applies in case you have failed the exam 3 times within 30 days from the purchase date.
How long do I have to complete a CE credit course after I purchase it?
You have one year from the date of purchase to complete your course. A course is completed once you have passed the post-test.
Are Medical Professionals courses approved for my state's Continuing Education requirements?
Many states that have CE requirements accept ASRT-approved and CAMRT-approved courses. Our courses have been approved by the ASRT or CAMRT for Category A CE credit. If you are unsure whether your state will accept our courses, please contact your state licensing department.
I work in California. Will Medical Professionals courses satisfy my CE requirements?
Yes! The California Department of Public Health-Radiologic Health Branch (CDPH-RHB) regulations state that any CE course that covers the application of X-rays to the human body and is approved by an ARRT® credentialing body meets CDPH-RHB continuing education requirements. Our X-ray CE courses are approved by ARRT® credentialing bodies—the American Society of Radiologic Technologists (ASRT) or the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT)—and are therefore accepted by the CDPH-RHB.
Does your website process online orders through a secure payment gateway?
Medical Professionals uses Stripe and PayPal as our trusted payment gateway providers. Stripe has been audited by a PCI-certified auditor and is certified to PCI Service Provider Level 1. This is the most stringent level of certification available in the payments industry. To accomplish this, Stripe uses the best-in-class security tools and practices to maintain a high level of security.
PayPal keeps all your information safe. When you send a payment using PayPal, the recipient won't receive sensitive financial information like your credit card or bank account number. This way, you don't have to worry about paying people you don't know. Additionally, when you pay with PayPal on any website PayPal Purchase Protection covers you if you have a problem. They also offer protection for sellers to help protect your online sales and business.
Can I log out before finishing a course and then resume where I left off? Will my progress be saved?
Yes, whenever you log in again, the course will resume from where you left off last time. However, once you start the post-test – it is highly recommended that you complete it in a single sitting.
How do I get technical assistance if needed?
What is Medical Professionals' refund policy?
- Medical Professionals is committed to 100% customer satisfaction! We want you to feel comfortable and confident when purchasing our courses. If you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase, we are here to help. Please check below our reasonable and reassuring refund policy:
- You may process a full refund (bank charges may apply in some cases) for the purchased course(s) as long as you have not accessed the course materials and your request is submitted within 10 days from purchase date.
- In case you have accessed the course, you may still refund 60% (bank charges may apply in some cases) of the purchased amount as long as you have:
- Not issued your certificate.
- Spent not more than 20 min on the course materials.
- Submitted your refund request within 5 days from purchase date.